University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Candidate for Bachelor of Arts, May 2012
Major in Public Relations, Minor in Sustainability Studies
University of Minnesota’s Orientation & First Year Programs
· Assist over 5,000 incoming students transitioning to the University.
· Prepare and administer programs to large audiences.
· Chosen along with 28 leaders from a pool of more than 100 applicants for communication and peer leadership skills.
· Troubleshoot problems with students, parents, and supervisors while at the same time committing to a rigorous schedule.
· Coordinate day-of-event logistics with the station’s clients.
· Represent the station with a team of 8 interns at over 50 events around the Twin Cities such as, the St. Paul Winter Carnival, Hamlake’s Snowbowl, and Tim McGraw’s national concert tour.
· Create innovative promotional tactics to market K102 and K00L108 to interact and delight listeners.
Customer Service Representative
University of Minnesota Athletics Ticket Office
· Act as the front line for the Athletic Ticket Office by solving customer’s ticketing problems and turning negative complaints into positive experiences over the phone, email, and in person.
· Increased ticket sales by selling over $70,000 worth of freshman student football season tickets in less than 60 days in a new program (with two other students).
· Work with a team at fast paced day of game atmospheres to efficiently increase ticket sales.
Minnesota Lynx Fit Intern
Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx
· Executed the Lynx Fit summer school lesson plans on fitness, nutrition, and education with groups of approximately 25 students aged K-5 in a classroom environment at Minneapolis Public Schools’ summer school programs.
· Collaborated directly with Minneapolis Public Schools, General Mills, and Midwest Food Connections to execute program objectives.
Marketing and Public Relations Representative
UNICEF at the U
Director of the Philanthropy Committee
Public Relations Student Society (PRSSA)